After deleting over 50 Black Friday emails and fighting my own inner urges to take up offers for coupon codes and free gifts, I can’t honestly say that I haven’t bought anything today, but I can say that I am serious about my commitment to having a minimal Christmas.
Here are some of the cornerstone elements that I hope to make the focus of my Christmas this season:
1. More reflection and less stress
2. Take lots of pictures and really think about what’s important in my life as seen through the focus of the camera to give me a different perspective.
3. Listen more to my family and friends about their hopes and fears.
4. Do/make things involving all my senses of taste, feel, smell, hear and vision.
5. Don’t listen to what the season says we have to do and listen more to what creates memories and meaning.